Author Topic: Week 17: April 22 - April 28  (Read 804 times)

OneWhoDreamz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Week 17: April 22 - April 28
« on: April 21, 2018, 03:54:25 PM »
Hello, everyone!

Please, answer the following questions to help 1) you set and focus on your goals and 2) provide information so others can help with accountability/motivation.
Your answers can have as little or as much details as you want to share.

• What were last week's goals?
  • How did they go?
  • What are your goals for this week?
  • How productive was last week? (Scale: 1-7. 1 = minimal/not-at-all; 7 = maximum/Master Productivity)
  • Could anything be done be more productive/efficient?
  • How would you rate your wellbeing? (Scale 1-7. 1 = lowest point, 7=highest point)
  • What would have made it better?
  • Any additional comments?

NOTE:
"Last week" indicates April 15 - April 21.
"This week" indicates April 22 - April 28.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:17:39 PM by OneWhoDreamz »

JuniperGrove

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 17: April 22 - April 28
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 11:40:40 PM »

What were last week's goals?

When broken out of their by-the-weekday formatting, last week's goals were -

lab work [ Edit: ✔]
laundry & fold
ironing
several tiny chores
main indoor cleaning project left
vacuum
other guild's challenge

How did they go?

I have literally finished zero of them. I've only even started ONE of them.

What are your goals for this week?

The exact same ones, PLUS I need to take a weekend trip this coming Saturday that might make me late checking in with the guild. Phone access will be spotty. Will be in remote mountain area, and also needing to make my phone last for emergencies. Will probably check in on either Friday or Sunday instead. I am both excited and terrified. I will be car camping, so I'm not sure if it will feel like being homeless again or not.

How productive was last week?

1 - the bacteria in my gut had a more productive week than I did.

Could anything be done be more productive/efficient?

Work for one particular client is on a tight timetable. From now on, if I don't finish their stuff an hour past the time table, I need to switch clients and earn some other money before coming back to the original task so I don't have days where I literally earn less than a dollar a day because I got stuck on something.

How would you rate your wellbeing?

3 - My blood pressure went through the roof and I didn't get out of bed, but at least I don't have a sinus infection or a stomach virus like the prior week.

What would have made it better?

Honestly it took everything I could throw at it for it to just not be worse. I went outside to the woods on really bad days, even.
Making myself sleep at night and be awake during the day maybe. Gotta fix my schedule... idk.

Any additional comments?

After Monday's spectacular fail, I talked intensely with a friend about changing literally everything in my life - different work, living out of my car in a different state (the trip I mentioned is not this, it's a journey I'm taking out of desperation to get medical help), selling almost everything I own to put that money into finishing a degree or certification...
I'm resorting to getting help from another friend to edit and check behind my task from the week that sucked. I feel ashamed and pathetic, but at least I finally found someone willing to help. I'm just deeply embarrassed that it's someone I have a crush on seeing me at this incredibly weak moment, and since it's a task I'm being paid to do it feels like I'm back in school and cheating on an exam or something, or being lazy and having someone else do my work. Idk. I'm kicking myself. Literally I'm just sending them some audio I was transcribing and my transcript / captions, with all it's embarrassing uncertainties, but it feels wrong somehow. [Outcome: hearing them critique that my mistakes are less my fault and more because they apparently recorded it using a potato instead of a mic is remarkably healing and helping me get perspective on smaller tasks I can do to wrap this up and be done. I feel human again instead of like a bundle of psychological weaknesses.]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:11:50 AM by JuniperGrove »

OneWhoDreamz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 04:11:23 PM »
@JuniperGrove: Please, believe me when I say I have a strict "no-cheating" policy. (Enough to the point even distant classmates knew my answer before they asked, and (on the rare occasions they had) they stopped before I could respond and asked someone else.) Asking for someone's help when you have put in the effort and have tried your best (at that point-of-time and self!) does NOT count as cheating! It simply means that you want to give the best result you can. Humans are not perfect. Sometimes we need fresh sets of eyes (or ears in your case). It is okay. You did what you could at the time, and you wanted a second opinion to (possibly) make it better.

OneWhoDreamz's Weekly Goal-Setting/Check-In Starts here:

• Attend two meetings scheduled
  • Add at least 3 rows to blanket's boarder.
  • "Pack" items involved for furniture rearrangement preparations.
  • Have at least 1/3 of Chapter 5 edited
  • Final edit/re-read and update to Forgotten King
  • Yard-work if weather permits

How did they go?
  • Only one meeting attended. (Transportation issue)
  • Three rows added to blanket, plus made one sample swatch (36 rows; 11 stitches ea.)
  • I was able to prepare one area, still need to prepare another.
  • I have approx. 1/2 of Chapter 5 edited. (However, I'm not as far along as I would have hoped.)
  • Completed, and I am much happier with the results.
  • The weather was co-operative in the morning of one day, but I chose to prioritize preventing further allergies*.

What are my goals for this week?
  • Finish prescribed antibiotic and be healthy again.
  • Make another sample swatch.
  • Clean house: Focus on laundry, storage containers, and clearing off furniture tops (making "proper places" to store the items.)
  • Have Chapter 5 edited completely.

How productive was last week? 3.5 - First few days were great! But, then I only had enough energy to work 1/2 the day following. (...Truthfully, I probably overworked myself a bit...)

Could anything be done to be more productive/efficient?
  • Going to the doctors when I first had suspicions that my cold had turned into a sinus infection instead of waiting 3-4 days thinking I was over-reacting.... (Oh goodness, can I hear others wordlessly-scolding: "you should take better care of yourself!")

How would you rate your well-being? 3.5? I didn't feel miserable, just low on energy. I pushed myself a few times, but I made up for it the next day by doing nearly nothing....

• Realizing I needed an antibiotic prescription to get better. Probably, napping in the afternoon when I became tired. (But I was semi-afraid it would disrupt my night's sleep; partly wanted to pretend I was fine. [Mind over matter nonsense....])

Any additional comments?
* What I thought was either allergies or a common cold either started as or became a sinus infection. Yes, I should probably have reacted faster than I did ...I mean taking about a week: what was I thinking?, but I am on antibiotics, now, and plan to continue following the doctor's  instructions.

Any goal that is not part of getting healthy again is tentative and wishful thinking on my part. I will try my best, but I also don't know how much I can do. (The antibiotic makes me drowsy/extremely sleepy.)[/list][/list]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:20:33 PM by OneWhoDreamz »

Earl William

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:12:41 PM »

Possibly do an application in person
Finish my room
Try Keto again

How did they go?

Work front is looking promising. I found out my top choice application is still good, and I can probably start at the end of May if I get my health cleared up.

Room is still pretty bad, made small amount of progress

I think I'm going to admit temproary defeat on Keto. Once i stop working in a kitchen and live on my own with more control over food  I think I'll return to it.

What are your goals for this week?

Room

Fill out paperwork for a new doctor

Get my sleep turned around

How productive was last week? (Scale: 1-7. 1 = minimal/not-at-all; 7 = maximum/Master Productivity)

Could anything be done be more productive/efficient?

Sleep better, plan better

How would you rate your wellbeing? (Scale 1-7. 1 = lowest point, 7=highest point)

Primarily my sleep issues, which are partially my fault. I did a good job with exercise for the most part. I need to eat better as well.

Any additional comments?