Author Topic: Week 15 April 8-14  (Read 643 times)

Earl William

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Week 15 April 8-14
« on: April 12, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »
What were last week's goals?

Keto again
Clean my room
Follow-up on job leads (2 applications are out, call them and look for at least 2 more opportunities)

How did they go?

Keto was mostly a failure, though I succeeded on some days.
Did all the laundry in my room, but there's still work to be done
Jobs are looking promising, success

What are your goals for the next week?

Possibly do an application in person
Finish my room
Try Keto again

How productive was your last week (1-7, 7 being the highest)

What would have made it better?

Getting sleep at a good time. Exercising more.

How you you rate your well-being?(1-7)

What would make it better?

Feeling that I'd used my time better. Diet. Sleep. Getting a job lined up and finances manageable

OneWhoDreamz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Week 15 Check-in; Week 16 April 15-21 "Begin"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »
  • Finances
  • Schedule appt.
  • Transportation and shopping
  • Decide theme 100days project
  • ONGOING: Clean house and bathroom

How did they go?
  • All statements are reconciled. March transactions have been recorded, but expenses still need posting.
  • Appointment scheduled
  • Weather would not permit intended transportation, but shopping was done regardless. Taken another step towards a more permanent transportation solution.
  • Theme is broad, but decided to simply try 30-min. (minimum) "one-personal goal I've set aside" a day.
  • Have cleaned the bathroom...house's progress is still wishy-washy.

Goals for this week
  • Attend two meetings scheduled.
  • Add at least 3 rows to blanket's boarder.
  • "Pack" items involved for furniture rearrangement preparations.
  • Have at least 1/3 of Chapter 5 edited
  • Final edit/re-read and update to Forgotten King
  • Yard-work if weather permits

Productivity rating: 5 (Developed cold mid-week and feel I've some-what used it as an excuse to not do much.)

What would have made this week better?
Remembering cold remedies and Vitamin-C packed fruit a little bit sooner.

Well-being rating: 6 I'm proud of what I've done...I wish it could have been more, but that probably goes along the lines of "remember I'm human.]

Additional comments:
I'm already healing and feeling better. Hopefully, the weather will be co-operative for week's first appointment so allergies won't be hit.

JuniperGrove

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 15 April 8-14
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 01:07:08 AM »

How did they go?

I'd hoped to get enough paying work last Saturday to wrap up a specific bill that needed paying off. Managed to make that goal.

Needed to finish ironing over the weekend. Didn't happen then or during the week because my mother nearly doubled the amount, so I never reached the bottom of the pile long enough to check it off.

Didn't get the new research lab assignment done, which is horrifying. I think I forgot how long ago it'd been assigned. I need to rectify that ASAP. Was trying to do the ironing first.

Also didn't do the other guild's challenge, short and fun as that is.

Only did half the other indoor cleaning proejcts. Didn't get to the "if I get beyond that" stuff.

What are your goals for the next week?

I've accumulated a lot of tiny chores that should only take a couple hours. I think I'll kick off Sunday working on those while doing laundry.

I've been... heavily pressured... to also do the ironing Sunday too, but my mother isn't a paying client, so I'm going to blow that off and suffer the consequences in order to also get at least half the lab work done tomorrow. I suspect if at least half isn't done by tomorrow I'll lose the work, so that's a bare minimum.

The other half can also be done tomorrow or monday. The one excuse for not doing the second half tomorrow is if I wrap up the other guild's challenge as a way to relax and still get fun stuff done.

Monday will basically be any undone Sunday work, like the other half of that lab work project. Probably also the other main indoor cleaning project that's left. Need to fold any clothes that went through the laundry if I didn't already.

Tuesday I MUST vacuum again. I also need to get back into the ironing, but at least the laundry should be done.

Wednesday MUST wrap up the ironing.

Thursday is my mom's main day at home, and I like to avoid her and stay in the attic if at all possible. I will probably try to do more additional paying-the-bills work. Possibly more from the research lab group if more has been assigned. (Which is more likely if I complete their stuff Sunday than Monday.)

Basically will try to do similar stuff Friday and Saturday. Might take time to work on the "podcast" stuff so it isn't always back burner / bottom of list. I really hate when that happens. (Still haven't posted anything since Dec, looks like a long hiatus.)

How productive was your last week (1-7, 7 being the highest)

Not having the stomach flu for a couple days there? And not spending the rest of them having to breathe through my mouth due to the sinus infection from hades?
I suppose I should be grateful they weren't both at once. I really Do Not have the answer for this sinus thing. My cat's starting to get irritated with me because I'm using vaporub to try to help open things up and cuddling with her less since it's toxic to kitties.

How you you rate your well-being?(1-7)

2 (at least they weren't both at once, like I said)

Same as prior answer. I tried to give myself the time and space to get better, but I'm still technically out for the count on the sinus thing. Only reason I'm even counting on tomorrow being any better is because I'll be home alone and no one will express irritation at me for blowing my nose a lot because it's "gross," (like I can help it). So... at least I'll be a bit more mobile and able to get things done using resources on other floors of the house.

I dunno. Maybe I'll make a spicy soup tomorrow and hope the spices and heat and steam knock some things into place.

Weird sinus home remedy suggestions welcome. I will try almost anything including standing on my head and gargling hot sauce at this point.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:09:45 AM by JuniperGrove »

OneWhoDreamz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 15 April 8-14
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 10:12:50 PM »
@JuniperGrove

"Weird sinus home-remedy suggestions:"
...If it's sinus as in allergies (I'm not sure if it'd work for the kind that needs medical attention)....

I have two possible suggestions:
1. A sinus rinse.
  • You will need either a nettie pot or another variation (I use the "NeilMed"). Also, have tissues handy, and DO NOT lay down for at least 30-minutes.
  • I will PM you the recipe that works for me on Habitica, if you wish.
2. Eat raw horseradish. Depending on the sharpness and your tolerance, you won't need much. (Expect spice/vapor if you haven't had it before. First time I tasted it, it gave me a shock, but it did help with my sinuses.)

I hope, if these are something you can try, that they help.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:14:59 PM by OneWhoDreamz »