Author Topic: Week 14 April 1-7  (Read 719 times)

Earl William

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Week 14 April 1-7
« on: April 01, 2018, 02:29:35 AM »
What were last week's goals?

Call doc about BP
Workout 3 times
Get keto

How did they go?

I called the doc and have an appointment, so that was a success. I worked out twice, though it would have been more had I not been experiencing pain when I tried. Safety first! I would consider this a partial success. I completely failed to go keto. I pushed it back a few days since I needed to buy some more food, and didn't have the opportunity by Wednesday. Today was the day that I was supposed to get to it, and I didn't.

What are your goals for the next week?

Keto again
Clean my room
Follow-up on job leads (2 applications are out, call them and look for at least 2 more opportunities)

How productive was your last week (1-7, 7 being the highest)

I'd say a 4
What would have made it better?

I got the most important things done, but smaller things backslid, and I felt I didn't always use my time well. I think that part of my problem is my variable work schedule. I do better with routines, so I'm hoping that I can find a future job that allows me to have that. At least on my next schedule, there will be the opportunity for more consistency.

How you you rate your well-being?(1-7)

What would make it better?

Reduce stress, get more regular sleep, workout and eat better

OneWhoDreamz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 14 April 1-7
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 04:51:50 PM »
(Let's see if I understand this website enough to use...)

What where last week's goals (March 25-31, 2018)
  • Transportation
  • Appointment and errands
  • (Better) rough draft for next update
  • Prep. house for small gathering.

How did that go?
Transportation route was figured out, wrote down, and pass bought. Prepared for my appointment and took a map (just in case). ...But even with both routes and map, I got lost and decided not to attempt errands. I did get to my appointment, and finally sent in an application for transportation help.
I already have several rough drafts for the next update, but my attempts at re-writing and editing are negligible and scattered on loose-leaf paper at the moment.
Well, with help, I managed to clean the kitchen, living room, and another smaller room; preparations for the gathering went...as smooth as it has been the past few years (could have been better, if we were more organized...). However, I still have my home to manage [This will be an ongoing goal.]

Goals for this week?
  • Have a workable rough draft (translation: finally getting into editing details stage; no longer worried about scenes/scene placement)
  • Contact friends (at least 2)
  • Work on blanket or smoch
  • Have bathroom cleaned, and work-desk back in order.
  • Attempt (and complete) math challenge in guild.

Productive level: 4 (most accomplishments were towards the end of the week)

What would have made the week better?
Sticking to my self-imposed bed-time. Writing a daily time schedule possibly 1 hour before bed; keeping the schedule. Putting misplaced objects in their rightful pace once finished (and at least one object for each room I walk into; until house is clean.) Remember to deep-breathe and be flexible if plans change.

Well-being rating?: 7 at the start of the week; 2-3 on Thursday; 5 on average.

Same as productive goals with addition of remembering all those who support and believe in me, conversing more with friends, focus more on my personal-goals, and getting outside for a walk at least every-other day (if the weather permits). Remembering to take care of myself; do so, and that I am also human.

Additional Comments?
I feel like I may have given way too much information or have re-arranged the formatting some how...
Also, I'm not sure if my goals are realistic and the focus may change, but I would like to keep the categories (house-work, social, crafts, personal goals) in this week.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:37:36 PM by OneWhoDreamz »

JuniperGrove

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 14 April 1-7
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 06:35:18 AM »
What were last week's goals?

Finish the vacuuming and "chaos sorting" today, then hang out with a friend socially IRL instead of online.

For the rest of the week... finish the ironing, and try to get at least 6 hours of paid work in per day. Also need to wrap up a challenge I'm in on another guild, just to get it off my list.

How did they go?

First bit definitely got done.

Ironing is still undone, hoping to do this early this coming week. There's probably about 5 hours worth of it.

As for earning money and getting the work hours in, I'm about 3-4 hours shy of where I wanted to be, depending. Didn't wrap up the challenge tasks yet, but it's still open.

What are your goals for the next week?

Well, first off, I need to put in anywhere from 3 to 7 1/2 hours of paying work Today/Saturday, depending on if one of the newer clients doesn't pay me ASAP and I have to go back to one that I know pays almost immediately. (My bank transfers MUST be started by Sunday if I want to pay the bill that has to be paid this Thursday.)

The remaining ironing needs doing as well, which will probably be Sunday's task.

There's also a new assignment from a research lab that I'm sometimes a paid lab monkey for. That'll take about 6 hours. (Monday?)

After that, I need to finish a challenge from another guild. I feel like I've mentioned that... shouldn't take more than two hours. That and some indoor spring cleaning projects will probably take up Tuesday, and whatever of tomorrow and Sunday isn't taken up by ironing or monetary concerns will probably also have some indoor spring cleaning stuff happening.

If I get beyond that... we're into "podcast" recording (the actual recording of which I prefer to do outdoors if I can), as well as the outdoor work category. I'd love to get to that point.

How productive was your last week (1-7, 7 being the highest)

A solid 4 or 5. My todo list is currently just below 40 items.

Probably not wasting an evening or two bingewatching stuff? *ducks*

How you you rate your well-being?(1-7)

That's more of a four. I'm a bit irritable, I'm not sleeping when I wanted to, and half of my exercise related dailies got neglected.

Getting ALL OF TEH exercise things, and choosing gaming over bingewatching? I'm better able to stop gaming at whatever time I set for myself, plus it keeps me goal oriented, sometimes even to the point of making it easier for me to have the motivation to work on todos after.

OneWhoDreamz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 14 April 1-7 Check-In
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 07:34:03 PM »
I'm assuming we are supposed to check-in here..?

What were last week's goals
  • Workable rough draft--detail editing
  • Contact friends (at least 2)
  • Clean bathroom
  • Work on blanket or smoch
  • Attempt and complete math challenge

How did they go
  • Yes and no for "did I do this." After talking with another writer and re-reading my last rough draft, I decided that the scene placement itself was fine, but the details emphasized were the problem. I have rewritten about two scenes with sensory details, and it is much better, bit about three scenes from the original draft is not as expanded as I would have liked.
  • I contacted one friend by writing, and another by phone.
  • Not at all (besides usual cleaning). Plan to do so within 48 hours and will update you all in the Habitica guild chat for accountability once done: sink, mirror, tub, (and possibly) floor swept (maybe mopped).
  • I have added about 5 rows to the blanket's border (approx. 2,700 hdc for any crocheters). I have not worked on the smock.
  • I completed the math challenge and arrived at the correct answer.

Goals for this week
  • Finances
  • Schedule appt.
  • Transportation and shopping
  • Decide on theme for #100days project Yes, I know I'm late. I recently learned of it
  • ONGOING Clean house and bathroom.

Productivity Level: 4.5 (While I got a lot done, I still wasted a lot of time.)

What would have made this week better
Believing in myself. Not caring about the "what-ifs" of the possible future and just putting one foot in-front of the other. ...Taking a leap of Faith. Possibly getting more sunshine, social interaction (face-to-face), trying tea, definitely keep to sleep schedule, getting out into the world and remembering to give stress-relieving techniques time to work. Remembering that I am human.

Well-being rating:.... 4? (3.5 neither good nor bad.)

Any Additional Comments
None.